Tuesday, July 14, 2009

¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

Renae and I have something we'd like to say:



Julie: I hate to break to all you other ladies out there but, I happen to be married to the greatest guy in the world. And I'm not exagerating. So good luck in your husband search . . .
Renae: Yeah, my Daddy is the best. He's pretty fun and funny!



Renae: My Daddy likes to hold me and cuddle with me and I just love that so much. He also likes to play his guitar for me so I can sing and dance along. When Daddy is gone, I can't wait for him to get home because he's my favorite man in the whole world.




Renae: He's already said that he will be the one teaching me to drive, not Mommy, and Daddy lets me practice on the small stuff!
Julie: This is true. Jesse is by far the better one to teach all our kids to drive. One, he's the better driver, and two . . . he's WAY more patient than I am. Infact, name any typical character trait and I can gaurantee that Jesse is more patient, more understanding, more self-controlled . . . the list could go on.




Julie: Seriously . . . being overseas has made me fall in love with my husband all over again. Not that I wasn't in love with him before . . . but while here, God has really shown me how he has created Jesse's with many great qualities and giftings. If I, as future self, would have been able to talk to Me 5 years ago on our wedding day, I would have said, "Do it girl and have no worries! You may be hesitant about all the what ifs that come from marrying someone who isn't perfect, but I promise you, Jesse is EXACTLY the man you NEED. He will lead you, love you and be the perfect balance for your crazy emotional self. You can walk down the aisle with confidence my dear because YOU are getting the greatest man in the world."

I am blessed beyond description to have a man like Jesse by my side. He will hold quite a high standard for Renae someday (in the way, way, way off future . . .) as she looks for her husband. For now though, Renae and I get to have Jesse all to ourselves and we are not sharing!

Happy Birthday Babe!

6 comments:

sheryl said...

jesse - i couldn't find your email... so Happy Birthday!!!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Jesse! I wish we were there to eat cake with you!

kpjordan said...

Julie, what a wonderful birthday gift your post is for Jesse. I too, think he's pretty awesome.
A happy and blessed birthday to you, my son. I love you.
Mom

The Beasley Family said...

Happy Birthday Juicy!!!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
What a LOVELY public birthday card to give Jesse :)
(Happy birthday, bruder)
(And don't sell yourself short - I know there are areas YOU are stronger in to compliment Jesse :)
HOWEVER - while Jesse IS great, I must contest that "I" have the greatest husband in the world. :)
I'm sure Jesse ranks right up there, though ;)
Glad you made it through the camp. I'm sure both of your talents were much appreciated and used by Him.

Wendi Reger said...

Julie what a sweet post to honor my always and forever son-in-law. I'd have to agree on every one of your points. So thankful you didn't "bail out" 5 years ago. I knew what you were getting yourself into. I have not been dissapointed.