Monday, September 28, 2009

Ok, NOW the Baby Can Come . . .


The original 38 week picture

According to my OB, I've got about 12 days to go until Renae's little brother arrives. Of course we all know that date is quite theoretical. I could go tonight, or if he's like Renae, 3 weeks from now. Let's not think about that.

Anyways . . . this weekend I made my list of things that need to be done before Baby Boy Masson arrives. I had the basic cleaning list plus a few other things to do:

  • Type up instructions for Renae's baby-sitter (hopefully her Nana) which had to be quite detailed as my Mom will be watching Renae in a country where she does not speak the language. Our appliances are all labeled in Spanish, and of course if she needs to go to the store, the ingredients she's looking for will not be in English. This instruction sheet also includes information on how to use Madrid's public transportation, how to get to our park, and numbers of English speaking friends nearby. If I go into labor before my Mom arrives, my friend Paula will be driving from Caceres and she will really only need Renae's schedule. Check.
  • Get infant carseat out of storage and clean it. Check.


Showing Renae how to use the camera.


The most important list:
  • Paint finger and toe nails, as well as wax my eyebrows. Check.
  • Pencil in waxjob mistakes. Check.
  • Get hair highlighted. This was on my list before Renae was born, and I was so glad I did it! I for one felt disgusting after giving birth so to know that at least my hair looked decent made things a bit more sunny . . . Check.
  • Find new purse that will be big enough to hold both Renae's snacks etc., her brother newborn necesities, and of course, my new hooter hider! Check.

As you can see, I have the most important details on my to-do list. Now that all of that stuff is done, I'm ok with the boy coming. Sure, my house could probably use some more cleaning, but at least my hair and nails are done!


Again trying to help in the midst of her actually pressing the right button.



A new 38ish week photo with new hair and new photographer.



Speaking of that new photographer . . .

She had a great week of potty training last week! We are down to only using diapers at naptime and bedtime, and usually after her nap, the diaper is dry! She is going to use the potty on her own initiative. She's had a few accidents, but that's to be expected. We're still working on doing you-kn0w-what on a consistant basis. Friday we had quite the constipated little girl . . .



Renae's entry for her first art show. She calls it "Feets."

I had to post this picture that Renae actually took a few months ago. She had woken up and found her dressy white shoes. While we were still enjoying some quiet morning time, Renae found my camera, and took this picture. We absolutely love it because it's actually pretty good, and soo cute! Now there were also about 20 pictures after this one of the couch cushion, but we won't bore you with those. At least we know she can take 1 good picture!

10 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Julie - your hair looks awesome!! I love the blonde and the bangs.

We are SO excited to meet Mr. Masson :) (And I know the joy of crossing things off a list.)

Sarah said...

JULIE!! seriously! you are the cutest pregnant momma ever! It looks like he might be a small little boy! :) I'll be praying for you in these next weeks as he arrives!!!! cant wait to see pictures! AND I want you back in the states! We miss you!

Kari said...

I hope everything goes great for you Julie!!! Can't wait to hear the news :) I will be having another BOY in February...maybe our boys can play together when you get back!!

Christy said...

you are hilarious. glad everything important is ready. :) i for one say be thankful for the constipation...our 2-year-old won't do it on the potty either, but she has no qualms about going #2 in her undies, sometimes more than once a day. ugh. i actually had the thought yesterday as i was cleaning it up, "i'm SO glad i'm not doing this while pregnant, b/c i would certainly throw up!!" :)

Jenny said...

Love, LOVE Renae's shoe picture! What a smart thing to do...get all prettied up before labor. I'm gonna remember that for the future...the very FAR WAY future. HAHA! Can't wait to meet baby Mason! I wish I don't have to wait til almost Spring.

The Kinglands said...

LOVE that you got all the "important stuff" done now...isn't it amazing how much better you feel about being ready when that stuff is accomplished ;) And what a little photographer you have...the shoe picture is awesome! :)

Kate Borders said...

LOVE the picture Renee took of her feet - so impressive! And that she took the picture of you :) Your hair (and I'm sure your nails) look great - you'll be cute while you're in labor! Can't wait to see pics of Renee's little brother.

Wendi Reger said...

You crack me up with the repairing of the brow waxing! I love your highlights.

rebadawn said...

You are one smart mama thinking of all that prettying up before you go in!
We can't wait to "meet" baby boy Masson!!! I am so glad your mom gets to be there with you after he is born!! Praying all goes well and we will anxiously be awaiting pictures!!!!
The feet picture is so sweet and even sweeter that she took it herself...a framer for sure!!

Anonymous said...

Julie - love the highlights!
And Renae - I love "feets" :)
-Britt