The original 38 week picture
According to my OB, I've got about 12 days to go until Renae's little brother arrives. Of course we all know that date is quite theoretical. I could go tonight, or if he's like Renae, 3 weeks from now. Let's not think about that.
Anyways . . . this weekend I made my list of things that need to be done before Baby Boy Masson arrives. I had the basic cleaning list plus a few other things to do:
- Type up instructions for Renae's baby-sitter (hopefully her Nana) which had to be quite detailed as my Mom will be watching Renae in a country where she does not speak the language. Our appliances are all labeled in Spanish, and of course if she needs to go to the store, the ingredients she's looking for will not be in English. This instruction sheet also includes information on how to use Madrid's public transportation, how to get to our park, and numbers of English speaking friends nearby. If I go into labor before my Mom arrives, my friend Paula will be driving from Caceres and she will really only need Renae's schedule. Check.
- Get infant carseat out of storage and clean it. Check.
Showing Renae how to use the camera.
The most important list:
- Paint finger and toe nails, as well as wax my eyebrows. Check.
- Pencil in waxjob mistakes. Check.
- Get hair highlighted. This was on my list before Renae was born, and I was so glad I did it! I for one felt disgusting after giving birth so to know that at least my hair looked decent made things a bit more sunny . . . Check.
- Find new purse that will be big enough to hold both Renae's snacks etc., her brother newborn necesities, and of course, my new hooter hider! Check.
As you can see, I have the most important details on my to-do list. Now that all of that stuff is done, I'm ok with the boy coming. Sure, my house could probably use some more cleaning, but at least my hair and nails are done!
Again trying to help in the midst of her actually pressing the right button.
Speaking of that new photographer . . .
She had a great week of potty training last week! We are down to only using diapers at naptime and bedtime, and usually after her nap, the diaper is dry! She is going to use the potty on her own initiative. She's had a few accidents, but that's to be expected. We're still working on doing you-kn0w-what on a consistant basis. Friday we had quite the constipated little girl . . .
Renae's entry for her first art show. She calls it "Feets."
I had to post this picture that Renae actually took a few months ago. She had woken up and found her dressy white shoes. While we were still enjoying some quiet morning time, Renae found my camera, and took this picture. We absolutely love it because it's actually pretty good, and soo cute! Now there were also about 20 pictures after this one of the couch cushion, but we won't bore you with those. At least we know she can take 1 good picture!