Yesterday I got a box of Pampers diapers (64 count) for $3.49. Well, it's basically like that. Here is how it worked:
- CVS has Pampers for sale (not on sale) at $21.99
- I had a coupon for $1.50 off.
- I also had $3 in Extra Care Bucks from my last CVS purchase.
- I also had $4 in Extra Care Bucks because every few months, CVS gives you 2% of the TOTAL amount spent back to you. So even though I've only actually spent about $30, my Extra Care account shows that I spent $84.11. If you do the math, (which I'm horrible at) you'll see that 2% of $84.11 is NOT $4. So I'm not sure why I got 4% back but I'll take it!
- With ECB's and a coupon, that brought my total to $13.49 (cheaper than Target brand!)
- When you buy 1 box of Pampers diapers, you receive $10 in Extra Care Bucks.
- Bringing the grand total to $3.49. Wow.
What it comes down to is I get a box of diapers and $10 of other merchandise for only $13.49. I'm loving getting things for dirt cheap. Now that I've been couponing and CVSing for almost 2 months, I feel like I've learned a few things and understand everything a lot better. Be looking for a post in the next few days about it. I'm still hooked!