After 3 flights, and one bad experience flying with United, we are here! All of our luggage arrived (all 10 pieces!) safely and in one piece so that was awesome. You should have seen us pushing Renae, and 3 carts full of luggage through the airport. Luckly, Renae had won over a few airport workers who gladly helped us push the carts until we met our friends. We were taken to our apartment and then went out to eat. Since being here we have discovered:
1. A grocery store is right across the street! So convenient.
2. A panaderia (fresh bread shop) is just a few blocks away.
3. We live near a really great park that has a few cafes lining the street.
4. Our bathroom stinks quite frequently-not because of us. The pipes for the building must run all together and the stink is not so nice.
5. It´s going to take awhile to learn the metro system. However, it is clean.
6. We are close to a convenience store of sorts-good for quick candy runs!
7. Jesse resembles a Spaniard. But not just any Spaniard, a very famous Spaniard. Yesterday, a local stopped Jesse and asked him if he was Antonio Banderas! Of course to keep his profile low, he said no . . .
8. Siestas are for real. Everything shuts down from 2-5 and Renae sleeps for 2 of those hours. So do we.
9. Don´t look at the newpaper stands. Ever.
10. We are in a great location and are so grateful for where we´ve been placed.
When we get internet, I hope to post more often and to post pictures as well. ¡Until then, hasta luego!