Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Renae's Ramblings-Part 8


Now that I'm 9 months old, Mommy said I could blog more. Oh I have so much to tell you! We've been here almost a month now and I really like it here. At first, I was kind of confused about sleeping, but I started sleeping well really fast. I really like to sleep so I learned quickly. I don't sleep as often as I used to so I get to play with Mommy and Daddy more. They have been really busy lately so I let them know when I am feeling left out. And now that I can move around on my own, I just move myself to where they are and climb up their legs. They can't miss me now! I've also discovered how to open and shut drawers. We have a big wall full of drawers and book shelves. The other day I found a drawer to open and shut. It was really fun until I shut my fingers in it. Ouch! I cried and cried and cried. Mommy and Daddy tried to make me feel better but it still really hurt. I think that I probably won't shut my fingers in the drawer again so I keep going back to that exact same drawer. I mean, what are the chances of that happening again??

So anyways . . . what else can I tell you about? Well I like riding on the trains that go underground. The lights are really fun to look at but what I love the most are all the people! I like to talk to the people on the train. But I don't think they understand what I am saying. They act as if I'm just babbling! Let me give you an example of a typical conversation I have on the train:


Me: So what do you think about all the publicity Indiana Jones has been getting? I'm surprised it's so popular here!

Spaniard: Oh how cute!

Me: You think it's cute? That's strange. Do you think Spielberg can pull it off?

Spaniard: What a little doll!

Me: No, I'm not talking about the Indiana Jones doll, the movie! Are you going to see it?

Spaniard: How old are you?

Me: Old enough to see the movie that you apparently know nothing about. Sheesh! Don't you read the newspaper?


Can you see what I have to deal with here? I just want to have an intelligent conversation with the nice people on the train but I'm just not having any luck.

It's time for my nap now. Before Mommy and Daddy put me to bed, we pray together. The other night I prayed all by myself. Mommy took my picture. I guess her eyes weren't closed . . .
.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

I love it. Very creative, Julie - er, I mean Renae.

kpjordan said...

Oh, I was so sad to picture her crying after getting her fingers caught in the drawer. And I love your creativity with your "Renae Ramblings"...very entertaining.
Can't wait to see you guys in a few days.

Scott & Julie said...

Ha! I had to laugh about Renae returning to the drawer after getting her fingers shut because it reminded me of what Taylor did last night. Instead she tried to eat the toilet paper off the roll several times. On the 3rd scold I spanked her hand and told her no - she cried & 10 seconds later returned to it still crying. Another hand spank, crying and she returned. A third hand spank, crying, and she returned - finally I just took her out of the bathroom. You'd think they would learn the first couple of times. :-)