Here's how it happened:
- My mother-in-law told me I should write children's books.
- My niece had a birthday coming up so I decided to write a book for her.
- I found http://www.lulu.com/ and decide this is an amazing site.
- I wrote a story about a girl named Addisyn trying to get a pair of red shoes.
- As I sat down to draw the illustrations for the story, I realized I CANNOT draw.
- The birthday came and went so I found and "hired" a real illustrator-my father-in-law! (P.S He gets paid in pictures and blog posts and cyber kisses from Renae)
- Kevin sends me the the scaned copies of his work and the pictures are beeeutiful!
- I attempt to upload the pics onto http://www.lulu.com/ and discover it's harder than I thought. No worries-they have LIVE chat help! Four different people helped me figure out how to do everything over the course of my day. They were so nice and helpful. (As it turns out, I was making it harderd than it needed to be. Simply create your story in Word, and upload that file!)
- I set up the cover and choose my options, and my book is published!
- The book is being printed in the next few days and Addisyn will receive her gift (probably a few days late-sorry.) for Christmas! Don't tell her though-it's a surprise!
I nominate the following people to publish some books on http://www.lulu.com/:
- Kari-you've got plenty of recipes to fill a much sought after cookbook
- Jenny-you can write AND draw!
- Mandi-Mandi's version of "Kids Say the Darndest Things"