Sunday, January 20, 2008

Some Fun in the Sun . . . .


Renae's first experience on a plane was great. On 2 of the 5 flights, I got to keep her in the car seat in a seat next to me. I was fine holding her on my lap, but I sure didn't mind when I got some space to myself!



Renae's first "swimming" experience. She lasted about 10 minutes swimming in the nice Florida sunshine and then she needed a little break:

"I'm go glad I found these feet to play with!"




Grandma still has the touch . . .



Yes, Renae was screaming her head off. It was time for her to eat but I just had to give her another "First"-going to the beach!



I first had this wonderful dessert in Turkey. Turns out the Greeks make a great profiterol as well!



Playing with Grandpa.



"It feels so good to go sockless!"


After a few days in the sun in Florida, we flew to another sunny state. One of my best friends, Steph, lives in Texas.



Had to take a picture with a Texas longhorn.




Steph's parents took me out to "a real ribs" place. Apparently Hickory Park isn't the best . . .



On Saturday night we went to a nice Brazilian restaurant. You flip a coaster over to green when you are ready to eat and waiters bring different cuts of meat around. They slice a piece off, and then you grab it with your very own set of mini-tongs. The meat is endless and so good, so when you are done or need a break, you just flip the coaster to red and they stop bringing you meat-until it's flipped back to green. I did a lot of flipping as I couldn't decided if I was done or not.


And of course we did lots of shopping!



We found a cute hat store and decided to act like "real" models.



Renae got in on the fun too.



Steph's sister made a beautiful blanket/quilt. Renae loves the soft green side. I love this blanket so much I think I'm going to do her next room based on the theme.



Saying good-bye at the airport.



And saying hello to another good friend. Heather lives in Denver and I had a 3 hour layover there. So she came out and we sat and chatted for a few hours. Steph, Heather and I had so much fun together in college. It was so good to see them again.



On our last flight back home, we had a whole row to ourselves. I put Renae in her car seat then kicked my feet back and relaxed all the way home. What a way to travel . . .

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh fun! Thanks for sharing pictures, it looks like Renae had quite the little adventure, she's a great traveler!

Senegal Daily said...

The 'sockless' photo is my new favorite. Those dimples just kill me!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun. Hey, I started my own blog...jessicastarmer.blogspot.com. Check it out, Stalker!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Masson ladies had a fun trip! Thanks for sharing the pics.

BrunerAbroad said...

Aaahhhh, Texas. It's true - we Texans are a proud bunch, but with good reason. =)

I'm glad you got to try some REAL ribs. I've always been disappointed with BBQ outside of Texas, and Tex-Mex too.

I can't wait to meet y'all in person!