Thursday, January 31, 2008

Saying my Good-byes . . .

Our things are in storage, our cars are sold or ready to be given to someone else. Our apartment is a mess and we still need to place whats left into our 5 trunks and 5 suitcases. We also need to pack some of those suitcases to take with us to training. Whew. It's been a busy past few weeks. You may think this post is a tear jerker about the people and places we've had to say good-bye to. But you know that's not how I roll . . .



No more visits to old friends I never see anymore. The Spanish teachers I taught with the past two years threw me a shower a few weeks ago. These girls are great teachers and passionate about teaching languages to children.



No more playing video games. Jesse hasn't played video games in months. But when we went to our best friends Tom and Jenny's house this past weekend, he got to play one more time. As you can see, Renae is a quick learner.



No more sewing! Really! I'm not taking my machine with me as I usually only use it when I have random crafty bursts in me. These also usually happen when I'm with Jenny and I won't get to see her for awhile either. Unless she has her baby early in April! (P.S. I made THREE slings last weekend!)



No more sleeping in a crib for Renae-ever! Renae's bed overseas will be a pack-n-play until she needs a bigger one. I took a picture of her last sleep in it.



No more skinny jeans. Ok, this one has nothing to do with moving overseas. I had saved them after I had Renae for motivation. I wanted to fit into them again. They were my absolute all-time favorite pair of jeans. However, I wore them before I had hips. Now, I don't think it matters how much weight I lose. I will never fit into those pants again. I sadly put them into the Goodwill bin, shed a tear and then walked away without turning back. Fabulous jeans, R.I.P.


And I must leave you with one classic picture that has nothing whatsoever to do with this post. I had the joy of experiencing a photo session for the first time. The subjects were my 3 year old niece, my 7 month old niece, and Renae. You'd think it would be easy to get those three girls to all smile at the same time . . . . yeah right.

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

That last picture is awesome. You really should frame it.

I got all choked up feeling when I read about your jeans. In all seriousness, I'm sorry for your loss.

Love, k

Jenny said...

I am sad for real that you won't be making crafts at my house for awhile! BOO!! We may be grandma's before we ever sew together again! Next time we see each other we'll be chasing around toddlers! No time for sewing when they are around. Children's museum here we come!