Monday, October 15, 2007

Renae's Ramblings-Part II

I (Julie) was going to write about our weekend, but it seems Renae would like to give her side of the story. Since she hasn't yet been given the tutorial for uploading pictures, I will do that for her and insert cute pictures of her throughout her post. Enjoy my very wordy daughter. I have NO idea where she gets it . . .




So Friday night Mommy and Daddy had some people over. Mommy spent all afternoon in the kitchen making these yummy smelling bread things and some soup she called chili. While she was preparing all the food, I saw her pour a few glasses of Dr. Pepper. She said it tasted really good because she doesn't drink that stuff much anymore. Something about the caffeine . . . Anyway, after Mom fed me around 6:30, I was pretty awake. In fact, I only took a few catnaps the entire time everyone was here. And when Mommy fed me around 10:00, I was still wide awake. I don't know why Mom kept saying "What was I thinking?" and "Dr. Pepper" a lot. But I was pretty happy-Until they laid me in my crib. What were they thinking? I wasn't tired, I was ready to party! There were still people there and I wanted to socialize. After lots of times of Mom and Dad coming into my room to put the pacifier in my mouth, I decided I would finally go to sleep. I heard Mom say, "I can't believe you are still awake. It's past 11:30." I don't know what those numbers mean. I just shrugged my shoulders and took a nap-until about 3:00. Mommy again said "I can't believe you are awake!" She said that I usually sleep longer nowadays. I tried to tell her that I didn't need to sleep anymore. I was awake. But all I could get out of my mouth were a few squeals and some good cries. Oh-and some spit up.





The next day we went to Nana and Grandpy's house. My cousins were there! I got to play with Taylor. Well, at least that is what Aunt Julie and Mommy said we were doing. But all I remember is my cousin was laying next to me staring at me. I tried to stare back but there were lots of bright colorful things to look at instead. I hope we will still be friends.





While we slept and "played" all day, Nana, Aunt Julie and Mommy were in the kitchen. They were trying out new recipes with pureed vegetables in them. They seemed a little over excited as they watched my cousin Addisyn eat her mac and cheese. They were so happy she liked it. I don't get it but I'm learning that adults do some weird things. At supper that night they were also really anxious to hear what Grandpy and my Uncle's thought of the meal. Nana and Aunt Julie and Mommy all seemed to be giving "the look" to those guys because they ended up not enjoying the meal that much. Apparently Mommy and the others put some Veggie Tales characters in the meal. I didn't think much of it, until I went to bed that night . . .





I usually sleep til 5:00, but on Saturday night I was not happy and I intended to let everyone know about it. First I woke up at 3:30. Mommy thought I was hungry so she made me eat. I was only a little hungry so I fell asleep on Mommy. She tried to beat some burps out of me but I just ignored them and kept on sleeping. Mommy laid me back down and she seemed happy that I had fallen asleep (so she thought). She looked tired. Well about 15 minutes later, I let them know that I was not asleep. In fact my tummy kind of hurt. Well, something hurt because I kept farting and farting and it didn't feel good. Dad came in and gave me my pacifier. It felt good to suck on my paci. Makes me think of eating. Yummy. After another half hour I got bored of that so I started crying again. Daddy came in again. He looked a little annoyed and tired. What are my parents always so tired? Daddy changed my diaper (ha-as if that would make things better-silly Daddy.) and then he put me back to bed. A half hour later he was back because I paged him via another crying session. My tummy still hurt but he didn't seem to get it. He put the pacifier back in my mouth and I slept for a little bit.






Then around 5:30 I woke up again. I decided that I was sick of farting. Maybe this time my parents will figure out that is why I'm so unhappy. Mom came in this time. She looked really annoyed. She tried to feed me again thinking I was hungry. However, if I could have spoken, I would have said, "Are you crazy? That milk you are giving me is poison!" But I'm still at a level 0 in my English language learning so I just took it and ate some more. There was definitely something in that milk. After Mommy put me back down, I was alright for a little bit. But then I spit up a lot and rolled around in it. I thought it would be fun to pretend there was snow in my crib. That was a dumb mistake. Playing in runny "snow" is NOT fun. I screamed some more to let my Mom know I had made a mistake. She came back in looking like she could cry. She changed my clothes and wrapped me in a new blanket. Like Dad, I think she thought she knew what I needed. Ha! Wrong again. 15 minutes later I cried again because my tummy hurt and I wanted someone to fix it! Mommy came back in and tried to make me feel better but she still didn't know what was wrong. I was better when she held me. This time, Mom brought me back to bed since it was 6:00 in the morning. Her friend was visiting and I guess my cries might have woken up our guest. I slept alright next to Mommy for about 2 hours. When Mommy and Daddy got up they looked a little worn out. Sheesh-what's with them? If they would have just known that I was farting and it hurt . . . .





Later that day we went back to Nana and Grandpy's house. It turned out that my cousin Taylor had the same kind of night I had! And my Aunt Julie looked just as tired as Mommy and Daddy. Mommy said this after she talked to Aunt Julie-"Ohhh!!!!!" Well if I would have thought of that . . . ." I felt better by then and was excited to be with my cousins again. But for the rest of the day, I kept hearing Mommy and Aunt Julie talk with disgust about this thing called cauliflower . . . and how they will never again eat that stuff. If that is what poisoned Mommy's milk then I'm all for it. Well, I'm getting hungry now so I'm going to start revving my crying engine up. I hope Mommy will know what to do this time when I cry . . .

4 comments:

WRBA - Class of 96 said...

Renae speaks nothing but truth - and she's funny too!

Dee said...

Renae, I think that you should take over all the posting on this blog, you're much more entertaining that your tired Mommy & Daddy.

Love you!
Gr. A. Dee

Amanda said...

Poor sweet Renae. I love to hear her take on everything lol. Try mylicon drops. That was the only thing that helped when Kenzie was gassy!

pjcrisp said...

you must have gotten "deceptively delicious." i can't wait to try the spinach brownies!