Sunday, November 8, 2009

Date Night!

I can count the number of dates we've had since arriving in April of 2008 on 10 fingers. Can you guess how many dates?? (Answer below . . . . )



Galician food market in Chueca

OK, so I don't know if we've been on exactly 10 dates, but the number is an estimate. You get the idea-we don't get to go on dates very often! So when my friend Paula came to visit/spoil us, we were excited to have a baby-sitter so we could head out. It was the first time we'd been on a day without my baby belly so I was happy to put on cute jeans instead of maternity jeans. We had no problem forgetting about the kids and just enjoying ourselves!


Queso tetilla

Chueca is a neighborhood in Madrid known for it's great restaurants, boutiques and clubs among other things. We've only been to 2 restaurants there but both were really really good. Luckily our good friends Bea and Jose provided us with many tried and true restaurant recomendations.

3 different flavors . . . all so yummy

After dinner Jesse knew I'd need something sweet and this heladeria hit the spot. The ice cream was made right there in the shop!


Ahhh sweet goodness in a waffle cone . . .


Thanks for the hot date Jesse!

7 comments:

Mandi said...

I must say, I would LOVE to have a date night in Spain!!

Senegal Daily said...

Queso tetilla?? Really?? I mean, I see why and all...

So happy you guys had a night out! (And congratulations on being back in cute jeans already!)

Senegal Daily said...

talk about cute jeans- jesse in coat and scarf...mmmm ;)
(yeah, brothers can say things like that)

The Massons said...

kari-yes, that is the real name. i was going to write more about it but decided that would be an intersting blog post all on it's own. :)

Jenny said...

I could definately go for a date in Spain. What am I saying? I would go for a date here in MN! I think I can count our dates since Aiden has been born on 2 fingers. I'm so glad you guys had a great time and I bet you had a great time with Paula too!

Anna said...

I want to go on A date....we don't get to do that....I need to convince the hub it should be a monthly thing we do. Maybe Jesse should have a "talk" with him about it! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, Date Night!!!
-Britt :)