Friday, March 12, 2010

Did You Know . . .

That this guy . . .


. . . wrote the music for this 2010 Academy Award winner for Best Foreign Film?

Well now you know. My friend Bea invited me to a concert where her husbands good friend Federico Jusid was playing. I spent a wonderful evening listening to his music being performed. Take it from me-this guy is talented. For real. If you put Fede's name and El Secreto de Sus Ojos (The Secret of Her Eyes) into YouTube you can listen to a few musical excerpts from the movie. The musical score is beautiful.

Of course Fede was at the Oscar ceremony and Bea told me that he ended up staying a bit longer in LA as many people in the business were wanting to talk to him. How cool for him! I'm kind of being a nerd about this because when I was younger my dream profession was to be a composer for movie scores. Now I'm all grown up and still doing something that I love, but I sure did enjoy meeting someone who has my childhood dreamjob.

So be watching for this name as I'm sure this is the start of a great career in the movie business for Federico Jusid!

Oh . . . and did you know these two lovely ladies both cried at the end of the concert because the music was that powerful? Yeah, it's true.

**To see a trailer of the movie click here. (Warning, there are brief graphic scenes and nudity, and the English subtitles are not well done. Bea should have done them.)

2 comments:

Dee said...

Wow, Julie, he is an incredible composer! I'll have to see about buying the soundtrack. Wonder if he's on itunes...

Beatriz said...

What a great P.R. has Fede in Iowa! It´s a pitty that you are not in L.A. so Fede would have the agent problem solved!.
We picked him up from the airport yesterday and we couldn´t have enough of his stories in L.A. He told us that the film will be released in theatres in USA on April 16th (hint, hint) and they are still preparing the CD with the soundtrack.
We are really proud of him, he has been working so hard and he is so talented... and this has been like a dream to him.